This has all the elements of a perfect meal.
- Easy – uses only a few ingredients
- Fast (only takes 15 minutes….longer if you have to peel the shrimp first)
- Delicious – packed with flavor
2 pounds raw (uncooked) shrimp
chives (fresh or freeze-dried)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Peel shrimp (if it needs it)
- Line cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper (for easy clean-up)
- Lay shrimp on the sheet so they don’t overlap
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon juice over shrimp
- Season with chives, and salt (optional)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Optional – use the remaining 1/2 lemon on the shrimp afterwards, OR slice it and use it in your water.
Be sure to pare it with 1/2 plate of greens, and carbs. Use 1/2 cup carbs for a lunch serving, OR 3/4 cup carbs for a dinner serving to make it Adrenal Reset Diet friendly.
There was too much cabbage and carrots to cook last night so instead of a shake for lunch I made an Asian chopped salad with the batch of leftover (uncooked) carrots and cabbage I shredded last night.
Apples (carb serving)
Chicken (protein serving)
Almond butter (fat)
A little bit of toasted sesame oil (fat)
½ lime (or lemon if that’s all you have)
White rice wine vinegar
Chili flakes (or Sriracha) **optional**
Yes! Lost 5 pounds in the past week and a half. As much as I LOVE sugar, I have to stay away from it because I have a serious sweet tooth!
I also took hubby’s advice and now add resistant carbs to meals (and eat fewer carbs in the morning and most carbs at night – so I can reset my cortisol rhythm). And I’ve only been eating “unlimited” foods for snacks.
My favorite unlimited foods are spaghetti squash with tomato, sweet onion, fresh basil, & garlic sauce that I simmer for an hour. Mmmmmm…….
*HINT: Make several batches at once because this is THE MOST filling snack ever! So good!
Preheat oven to 360
Cut ends off. Then cut the OPPOSITE of lengthwise. You want to end up with 5-6 “circles” about 1-1 1/2″ thick.
Remove the seeds from the center.
Place on parchment paper (or lightly oiled aluminum foil) and LIGHTLY spray with oil (avocado oil has a neutral flavor and can take high heat).
Bake for 1 hour. You can turn once at the 40 minute mark.
*You may want to double this if you like more sauce*
On medium-high heat, saute’ onions until they are transparent….about 3 minutes (stir frequently)
Add 3 cloves of garlic
Add 1/2 of a portion of finely chopped basil now – and add the other half at the end. (I probably had 3/4 cup un-chopped basil leaves)
Add 1 package of cherry/grape tomatoes (slice in quarters first).
Reduce to a simmer – and stir occasionally for 1 hour. This takes the acid out of the tomatoes and makes it naturally sweet so you don’t have to add sugar.
You can also throw some spinach in the last 3 minutes of cooking for additional veggies.
This is the fastest, and delicious way to make chicken when you don’t have much time and you need to cook it in the crockpot.
Chicken – whole
Onion – large
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the onion into slices and place them on the bottom of the crock pot
- In a HOT pan on high heat, brown your chicken on both sides.
- Put the chicken into the crockpot ON TOP of the onions. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4-6 hours.
That’s it. No need to add liquid because it will make it’s own liquid as it cooks. Serve with veggies and carbs (1/2 cup for lunch or 3/4 cup for dinner) so you can keep your hormones and adrenals balanced naturally.