Thank you for all your sweet comments from Phoenix Fashion Week. As promised, here are the details of that fabulous vintage Givenchy.
This is a classic and I firmly believe in fashion being a legacy. This beautiful dress will be one I cherish forever….or pass along to my daughter.
What is your favorite little black dress?
Every year Phoenix Fashion Week showcases the best of new designers as well as more established brands. Some designers come from all around the world just to show their collection on stage at Phoenix Fashion Week.
This year was another great array of designers (and models…especially Friday night with the stunning – and diversely beautiful – FORD Robert Black models…not that I’m biased or anything since that’s my agency).
5 of us “formers” – Mrs. Arizona America’s – were lucky enough to attend thanks to Amazing Lash Studios. It was the perfect time to pull out my new (to me) vintage Givenchy – little black dress. It is the ultimate classic (and sexy!) little black dress and I can’t wait to one day pass it on to my daughter. Look for more detailed studio photos of it on tomorrow’s blog.
Did you get to go? What were your thoughts?
Thank you to Tim at Amazing Lash Studios!
You are going to love me because this cauliflower recipe has the easiest shortcut ever to get the perfect cauliflower “crumbs.”
So many recipes for cauliflower pizza crust online have you pulsing the cauliflower florets and then…
…squeeze the liquid out. Use a towel. Use a cheesecloth. Whatever. But you have to squeeze and squeeze until you get as much juice as possible out (which ends up being harder than it sounds). Yuck. And it’s terribly messy. Or. You could take my super simple advice.
My solution? Juice your cauliflower!
Put your cauliflower in your juicer (and throw away the juice). The pulp is the perfect consistency – and more importantly, it’s dry because you’ve gotten all of the liquid out of it.
Add an egg.
Add some herbs.
Bake the crust all by itself first.
Finish with some toppings and cook again for a few minutes. Then enjoy a carb-free, guilt-free pizza.
It wont taste like cheesy, gooey pizza. But again, it also wont give you heartburn. It’s a new kind of experience. And you can always tweak the recipe with the herbs and toppings and essentially create a whole new experience with every variation you try.
If you follow my husband’s Adrenal Reset Diet, then you know cauliflower is an “unlimited” food, not a carb. And you also know he suggests avoiding eggs for the 30 days of the program so you can see if you have any allergies or sensitivities to eggs. Eggs are the only thing I have a mild allergy to, but in small portions and mixed with other ingredients, it’s not too bad for my digestion. So even with an egg allergy, this is fine every now and then.
- 1 1/2 heads of (small-medium) Cauliflower
- 1 egg
- toppings: cheese (vegan cheese is okay), onions and tomatoes (canned or fresh), or whatever else you choose.
- herbs and spices (I use basil, oregano, salt and pepper)
Here’s the full recipe:
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Juice 1 1/2 heads of cauliflower. Put the juice down the drain. And put the dry portion of the cauliflower into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 egg. (Or the equilvant amount of an egg substitute)
- Add 1 tablespoon basil + Add 1 teaspoon of oregano + Salt and pepper to taste.
- Then mix it all together with a fork.
- Put parchment paper onto a round pizza tray cookie sheet.
- Once it’s mixed, put the mixture onto the parchment paper and press down until it’s about 1/8″ thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and top with cheese, then toppings of your choice – THEN add your tomatoes or tomato sauce ON TOP of the toppings so it doesn’t get soggy.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes.
Seriously, you could eat 1 whole pizza and not feel guilty. (Just don’t go crazy with fatty toppings, ok?). What do you think?
Okay it’s still in the 90’s here in sunny Arizona. But I’m feeling left out seeing everyone’s gorgeous fall sweaters and boots.
So photographer Brad Reed and I went out and about in Downtown Phoenix to show you a version of what would work for fall in sunny states….at least it will work once you can turn off the air conditioner.
- White jeans. Yes it’s after Labor Day. And because it’s still going to be hot through the end of October (and possibly into November & December), then you can absolutely get away with wearing white after Labor Day. And because, let’s be honest, the ONLY time you can wear jeans of any color is when it’s not so sunny (because putting on jeans when it’s over 85 degrees is simply no fun).
- Layers. So you can peel off your fall wardrobe the second you step out of the air conditioning.
- Cup of something warm…or cold. This is actually a cup we got from a coffee/juice bar. I think it was empty (or I wanted to hold Brad’s coffee because I don’t like coffee…or tea). But the green juice that I would have ordered wouldn’t look right when talking about fall clothes. So…now you know that you can look cute holding a ‘pretend’ coffee or a real cup of coffee.
Welcome to fall in a sunny state! Lol!