I’m sharing my love of healthy food with more people….and taking over the recipe portion of my husband’s newsletter!
You’ll still see great recipes here on my blog. AND you’ll get the latest health news that is “Fad-Free” about your thyroid, adrenals, and diabetes (with recipes that support that), from the oh-so-handsome (and brilliant, and kind, and caring, and…..*sigh – he’s so dreamy), Dr. Alan Christianson on his newsletter.
Are you signed up?
Back to today’s recipe….
This sautéed spinach with roasted tomatoes and garlic was one of my families favorites yet! Hands down, the best sautéed spinach we’ve ever had. And it was so easy and took less than 10 minutes to cook!
1 medium sweet onion chopped
4 roma tomatoes (or 1/2 pint of cherry/grape tomatoes) diced into medium-small chunks
1-2 bags spinach
3/4 cup – 1 cup of WARM low-sodium veggie broth
2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
Salt to taste
– Sauté onions on Med-high heat 2 to 3 minutes
– Add garlic and tomatoes and a pinch of salt
– Sauté until everything is golden and onions are slightly caramelized *this is the secret step to having it taste extra delicious
– Add 1/4 cup at a time – of warm vegetable broth as you need it (so your ingredients don’t stick to the pan)
– Add spinach
– Cook 2-5 min (depending on how much spinach you use – and how big your pan is.)