Okay, so I will do ANYTHING to get the kids everything they need, but I’ve totally been guilty of negleting myself. As a mom, I simply go without. Sound familiar? And if you are anything like me, the idea of paying full price for clothes, makeup, etc. for yourself just seems so selfish. Right? It’s like as mothers you are only supposed to GIVE to everyone in the world, and doing something nice for yourself makes you feel guilty….like you don’t deserve it.
Well, guilt-be-gone! Because you can still get things for yourself, but if you do it at a discount, then you are actually SAVING money (hey, you NEED a dress, but you buy a dress at a fabulous discount)….AND by buying things online you can still be a fabulous mom – while the kids are awake – because you can shop while they sleep!
Here are a few of my All-Time-Favorite sites for you (and some of them have kids things every now and then too)! If I’m forgetting any, or if you have any others to share, please post. It’s time for mama’s to take care of each-other and ourselves!
These are mostly membership sites that sell brand new, name-brand clothing, purses, shoes, etc. for great discounts. Usually you can expect discounts of 50-80%. Whoo Hoo!
– www.ruelala.com (to get instant access you can use my invitation code: http://www.ruelala.com/invite/redhautemama)
– www.ideeli.com (to get instant access you can use my invitation code: www.ideeli.com/invite/redhautemama)
– www.gilt.com (to get instant access you can use my invitation code: http://www.gilt.com/invite/redhautemama)
– www.hautelook.com (to get instant access you can use my invitation code: http://www.hautelook.com/invite/redhautemama)
– www.myshape.com (to get instant access you can use my invitation code: http://www.myshape.com/shop/invite/664140)
– www.handbagbliss.com – this is the only one I’ve heard mixed reviews on. I got an authentic Prada purse for$200 and saved $1200 (in my opinion, purse prices are crazy!) But my friend got a Gucci bag from them that she said was a total fake.
Good luck! And please share your online shopping secrets! (Because I don’t have time to go to the malls, and I prefer to not take 2 unhappy children – and 1 unhappy husband – shopping!) Wishing you the best.