As summer starts to come to a close, you probably have some cute (but too washed and now too sheer) dresses. Rather than donating them (and making other women look hootchie), I share a great tip on how to extend the life of your favorite dress. And the tip has nothing to do with layering. That would be boring, and boring tip, this is not!
Check it out!
As always, I love hearing from you. Leave your comments below and until next time, have a fabulous day!
What are the top five things to remember when achieving haute-ness? – Christina – Los Angeles, CA
1. Dress up – for FUN! Schedule a date night with your man, or carve out time for lunch with your friends….ANY excuse for you to dress up. Have fun with it. You can wear a shirt covered in baby throw up any other day of the week. Enjoy your dress up time!
2. Keep it simple. You don’t have to try too hard. Lipstick, mascara, and a brow pencil is all you need to look polished.
3. Wear a dress. A casual, solid colored, bright dress (with a belt or something that gives you a waist) is all it takes to look and feel feminine.
4. Wear heels. Even short kitten heels make your legs and tush look toned. If you aren’t used to wearing heels, practice with 1″ heels. Wear them in your house, in the grocery store, or pushing the stroller. Seriously, just wear them for 10 minutes and you will feel haute all day!
5. Burn any pair of sweatpants you own. Or you can donate them to the homeless. There is no way sweatpants make you look sexy, feminine, or attractive. Whatever your size, celebrate it! Please, please, PLEASE don’t hide your gorgeous self in sweatpants. If you simply must wear comfortable pants, get yoga pants (especially if they help lift your tush and suck in your tummy – those are worth EVERY cent you spend)!
Good luck and warmest wishes Christine!
Ever wonder what choices you make that can make you look older? Here’s a short video on the top 3 things you can change (I even added in my personal opinion of a 4th thing that can age you)!
Have fun. And as always, I love hearing your thoughts. Feel free to comment below.
You are not alone! Time Magazine did an article all about how people were getting fewer and fewer hours of sleep. Especially women. No surprise there, right? Here are my favorite things to give you the biggest circle-free results in the shortest time possible:
STEP 1 – Wear a bright color (especially a color that you know makes you glow!) near your face. It magically brightens your face and reduces the appearance of dark circles.
STEP 2 – cut out salt. It helps your body not retain fluid. Which helps diminish the appearance of dark circles. Even if you don’t salt your food, if you go out to eat a lot, restaurants tend to use too much salt.
STEP 3 – Get a better night’s sleep. My favorite “sleep recipe” (from the oh-so-handsome and brilliant Dr. Alan Christianson) is below.
Dr. Christianson’s Sleep Recipe:
1. Wake early, get some intense exercise in direct sunlight. Early daytime sunlight is important for night time sleep.
2. Eat small meals throughout the day to keep your blood sugar steady. If you’re missing meals or eating sugary junk all day your blood sugar will crash at night and you’ll wake up at 3 AM with your mind racing.
3. Try zero caffeine for a few weeks. I promise you won’t die, but you might get a headache for a few days. Just don’t take Excedrin for it because it also has caffeine. And remember, it takes 36 hours to leave your body. If you don’t sleep well, even a little caffeine in the AM can be the culprit.
4. Turn off the computer and TV an hour before bedtime. **This one is really hard for me! – Kirin**
5. Now relax in a bath or shower about 8 PM. This will help to relax your body and slow your brain waves.
6. Lower your home’s thermostat to 72-74 degrees by 9 PM.
7. Sip on chamomile tea and take 150-250 mg of magnesium.
8. Make a list. Take 5-10 minutes to jot down all those things you need to remember for tomorrow.
9. Dim or turn off your lights. Turn on a single reading lamp and read some light fiction, inspirational stories or spiritual literature. No current events!
10. Lights out! For real, make it as dark as you can in the room you sleep in. This is important.
Try these steps to dramatically reduce dark circles under your eyes. Best of luck! Now tell me what you think below.