What are the top five things to remember when achieving haute-ness? – Christina – Los Angeles, CA
1. Dress up – for FUN! Schedule a date night with your man, or carve out time for lunch with your friends….ANY excuse for you to dress up. Have fun with it. You can wear a shirt covered in baby throw up any other day of the week. Enjoy your dress up time!
2. Keep it simple. You don’t have to try too hard. Lipstick, mascara, and a brow pencil is all you need to look polished.
3. Wear a dress. A casual, solid colored, bright dress (with a belt or something that gives you a waist) is all it takes to look and feel feminine.
4. Wear heels. Even short kitten heels make your legs and tush look toned. If you aren’t used to wearing heels, practice with 1″ heels. Wear them in your house, in the grocery store, or pushing the stroller. Seriously, just wear them for 10 minutes and you will feel haute all day!
5. Burn any pair of sweatpants you own. Or you can donate them to the homeless. There is no way sweatpants make you look sexy, feminine, or attractive. Whatever your size, celebrate it! Please, please, PLEASE don’t hide your gorgeous self in sweatpants. If you simply must wear comfortable pants, get yoga pants (especially if they help lift your tush and suck in your tummy – those are worth EVERY cent you spend)!
Good luck and warmest wishes Christine!