The most flavorful & juiciest HEALTHY shredded chicken recipe.
Step 1: Put the chicken into a baking pan. Add 3-4 cloves of crushed garlic
Step 2: Add onions, herbs, salt and pepper, and chicken stock. Cover and cook for 90 minutes.
After it’s done, you can start shredding the chicken.
You can shred it into bigger or thinner pieces depending on what you like.
This chicken is so juicy and delicious – and it is easy to make! You can use it for salads (like my salads in a jar), soups, sandwiches, etc.
My son doesn’t like traditional lunch meat. And can you blame him? It’s usually filled with tons of chemicals, preservatives, and nitrates. And to be perfectly honest sliced turkey lunch meat doesn’t taste like your turkey from Thanksgiving, does it? Nope.
So for the past 2 weeks I’ve made chicken sandwiches using real chicken! (Funny how that sounds like a novel concept). Last week I roasted a whole chicken and used mostly breast meat for his lunches. This week I baked 6 breasts, and then shredded them. It’s so good! Here’s the recipe:
1 1/2 packs of Chicken breasts (5-6 large breasts)
1 medium onion
salt, pepper, herbs (I like using basil and/or oregano)
3-4 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup chicken stock/broth
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the chicken breasts into a 9×13 pan (I like glass pans)
- Cut the onion and sprinkle on top of the chicken.
- Add salt, pepper, herbs, and broth.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 90 minutes – 2 hours depending on your oven and the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- When cooked to where the chicken juices are clear (NOT pink), then remove and use tongs or a fork to shred into smaller pieces.
- Store in a glass container with locking lid for up to 5 days.
I hope this inspires you to make something like this so your week’s worth of meals (and meal planning) becomes 10x easier (and it’s healthy!)
Wishing you a beautiful week!