Unconventional Ways to Recharge Yourself
Last night I did something I’ve never done before…..I refused to cook dinner. I also refused to go out. You see, it’s so easy to feel that your family isn’t appreciating you and your culinary (or lack of culinary) talents and just feel like you’re going through the same motions again and again.
Every day becomes routine and the final end to your day is cooking a dinner no-one eats (or thanks you for). Then the final insult to injury…. cleaning up after them. Yes, everyone else supposedly does the cleaning up, but when you look around after your cooking efforts, you still have to clean up after them just a little, don’t you?
Hey I know this isn’t a big problem in the big scheme of world problems. But your feeling unappreciated, and feeling like you are giving your all without recharging yourself IS a big problem. The world NEEDS YOU! Your family, your friends, your community ALL need you to be recharged, refueled, and making a difference. You can change the world with something as simple as a kind word to someone who needs to hear it, giving an hour of your time to volunteer, or encouraging someone’s dream.
But to feel content and happy and whole, you MUST take time to recharge yourself.
- Go on a girls weekend road-trip – to a local hotel…..or someplace within a 5 hour drive. Order room service, or dine out, see a play, catch a movie, or walk around and explore everything!
- Get a “couples” massage with your BFF during the week when spas usually have significant savings.
- Get your nails done (a manicure and pedicure can give your spirits a boost in 30 minutes). Bold colors; hot pink and vibrant red – make you feel daring, and soft colors; french, light pink, nude – make you feel feminine.
- Take the world’s longest bubble bath – and fill your tub so it’s practically overflowing in bubbles. This is no time to be shy – make your bath look HUGE with bubbles – (I love L’ Occitane Ultra Rich Foaming Bath for this)
- Host an “Exchange Party” where you and your friends swap clothes or beauty products that no longer serve you, but would be great for someone else.
- Refuse to make dinner every once in awhile. Honestly, you will all survive on cereal for dinner every now and then! (Gluten-free cereal paired with almond milk of course!)
You deserve it. And the world needs you to feel amazing because you make a difference.
What do you do to recharge yourself?